Owner Planning Checklist
1. Have you decided:
a. When you want to leave your business? Yes/No
b. What amount of cash or annual cash flow you will need when you exit? Yes/No
c. To whom you want to transfer your business? Yes/No
2. Based on future cash flow, do you know how much your business is worth today? Yes/No
3. Do you know how to best maximize the income stream generated by your ownership interest - both before and after you leave your business? Yes/No
4. Do you know how to sell your business to a third party and pay the least possible taxes? Do you know if your business is even marketable? Yes/No
5. Do you know how to transfer your business to insiders (family, employees, co-owners) while paying the least possible taxes and enjoying maximum financial security? Yes/No
6. Do you have a plan for your business if the unexpected happens to you? Yes/No
7. Have you taken steps to protect your family's wealth? Yes/No
If you answered YES to seven or more questions, congratulations! Your Exit Plan is likely well underway. Contact us if you would like us to review your plan.
Three to six YES answers mean you have a good start on your Exit Plan. Contact us to coordinate the missing pieces with the components already in place.
If you have fewer that three YES answers, we suggest that you Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with advisors skilled in Exit Panning. Your successful exit depends on a comprehensive Exit Plan.
« Return Home